See sample pages.
The Bob Jones Spelling 4 Home Teacher's Edition provides inductive questions for introducing the spelling patterns. (spiral; 144 pages.
This program is designed to teach the skill of spelling by:
- Focusing on phonics principles
- Emphasizing the understanding of patterns and generalizations, rather than memorizing lists of words Supporting interactive teaching that draws on a students's knowledge and reasoning
- Applying spelling skills through original composition activities
- Teaching a study cycle that makes use of visual, auditory, and kinesthetic approaches to learning
- Teaching graded dictionary skills
- Making use of a pretest, a midweek test, and a final test
- Including activities to instill an interest in and a love for the English language