Saxon Math Placement Test
Click on a Saxon math placement test from the list shown above to open the test. These are PDF files that you can save to your local computer or print. Each test comes complete with everything needed including all test questions and answers.
In the early grades from kindergarten to third grade, Saxon math directly corresponds to grade levels. However, higher levels of Saxon math from Math 54 and up do not necessarily correspond directly to any grade levels. The levels indicated below are provided only to show the grade levels when most students typically take each Saxon Math level. It is strongly recommended to have your student take the Saxon math placement test to determine which level is best for them. Typically students take the higher level Saxon courses as follows:
- Saxon Math 54 in the 4th grade
- Saxon Math 65 in the 5th grade
- Saxon Math 76 in the 6th grade
- Saxon Math 87 in the 7th grade (see note below)
- Saxon Algebra 1/2 in 7th or 8th grade
- Saxon Algebra 1 in the 8th or 9th grade
- Saxon Algebra 2 in 9th or 10th grade
- Saxon Geometry in 10th or 11th grade
- Saxon Advanced Math in 11th or 12th grade
- Saxon Calculus in 12 grade or college
Note: Saxon Math 87 contains a lot of review of previous levels. As a result, some students who demonstrate a good grasp of the lessons from Math 54 to Math 76 are able to skip most or all of Math 87. Towards the end of Math 87, pre-algebra concepts are introduced so it is not all review. Students should take the Saxon math placement test to determine what level is best for them.