GO Math! is the first K-6 program written to align with the Common Core. With GO Math! you will hit the ground running and have everything you need to teach the Common Core Standards. GO Math! combines fresh teaching approaches with never before seen components that offer everything needed to address the rigors of the new standards and assessments. The new Standards Practice Book, packaged with the Student Edition, helps students achieve fluency, speed, and confidence with grade-level concepts.
All You Need to Succeed with the Common Core!
Houghton Mifflin Harcourt GO Math! is a new comprehensive Kindergarten—Grade 6 mathematics program developed to support the Common Core State Standards for Mathematics and the NCTM Curriculum Focal Points. The program emphasizes Big Ideas and depth of understanding through interactive lessons, research based instructional approaches, best practices from around the world, and differentiated instructional resources to ensure success for all students.
The unique GO Math! write-in student edition helps students interact with lessons in new ways. Students record their strategies, explanations, solutions, practice and test prep right in their books—and at every grade level. These interactive lessons keep students totally engaged and maximize learning during math time.
And GO Math! works for the busy teacher. Everything from teacher editions to manipulatives and differentiated centers is organized for you to find what you need, when you need it. And, most of our components come ready-made, in a grab and go organization to save you time.
When judging a mathematics program, it is imperative to understand the distinction between theories or expert opinion on how students learn and the research base that provides evidence to support such theories and opinions. Go Math is based on the collective knowledge and expertise of noted scholars and educators as well as numerous research studies from various sources. Learn more about the Research Based Framework for Go Math.
Recent Federal and National initiatives have focused attention on mathematics instruction to improve student achievement. Since the passing of No Child Left Behind Legislation and the release of the Common Core State Standards, the demand on school districts to implement mathematics programs and practices that are grounded in scientifically based research with proven efficacy has been more important than ever. This demand has extended to educational publishers who develop mathematics materials. With this in mind, Houghton Mifflin Harcourt has created this report to help educators understand how GO Math! meets the challenges of improving mathematics achievement with a solid research base and documented efficacy.
Go Math offers these exciting new features:
· New Ways to Interact - GO Math! for Kindergarten-Grade 6, combines fresh, teaching approaches with never before seen components that offer everything needed to address the rigors of new standards and assessments. GO Math! helps students interact with lessons in new ways as they record their strategies, explanations, solutions, practice, and test prep right in their books - and at every grade level.
· New Write-in Student Edition – Houghton Mifflin Harcourt now offers Go Math! student books in a new consumable work-text format so students can study lessons and complete their exercises all in one book.
· Organized for Success - GO Math! is organized around the critical areas of the Common Core State Standards. This focus ensures students are spending the right amount of time on the right content.
· New Problem-Based Learning - A special color-coded system makes each BIG Idea easy to locate and use. This new organization supports important Math Standards initiatives at the National, State, and Local levels.
· New Standards Practice Books come packaged with the Student Edition textbooks. Practice Books include a full page of practice for each lesson plus a full page of spiral review every day.
· New Math Boards - Special Write-On/Wipe-Off Math Boards help students organize their thinking with visual models and graphic organizers.
· New Teacher Editions - Go Math! New Grab-and-Go Teacher Editions save time for the busy teacher. Everything from Teacher Editions to activity centers is organized in a ready-made, grab-and-go organization to save time. The GO Math! Teacher Editions are organized by chapters to help you flexibly organize your curriculum.
· New Grab-and-Go!™ Differentiated Math Centers Kit - The Grab-and-Go!™ Kit is a differentiated math center, with activities, games, and literature ready to go.
· New Grab-and-Go!™ Classroom Manipulative Kit - Our math manipulatives are pre-packaged in handy zipper bags for quick and easy management.
· Differentiated for All Learners - With GO Math! no one feels left out. Practical, point-of-use support is built into each lesson so all learners can achieve success, including early finishers, gifted and talented students, and those needing extra support or intervention.
· New Data Driven Instruction - Show What You Know identifies students’ levels of preparation for the chapter content. Special intervention and challenge resources link to the results of Show What You Know through a special chart in the Teacher Edition. This assures every student gets off to the right start.
· Diagnostic Assessment - Use to determine if students need intervention for each chapter's prerequisite skills.
· New Interactive Interventions for RtI - Within every lesson, activities and materials for all levels of RtI engage learners with focused hands-on activities, print support, and a comprehensive online intervention solution. This way, teachers can select instructional strategies and resources to specifically align with students' level of understanding and preferred learning style.